Environmental Impact Assessment at Amlwch
An Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is being carried out for the scheme by Hyder Consulting (UK) Ltd.
The EIA assesses the potential impact of the scheme on issues such as quality, noise, landscape, ecology, archaeology / cultural heritage and water quality and identify measures to mitigate any adverse environmental impacts.
The EIA also includes an assessment of the effects on the local economy such as fishing interests.
Throughout the EIA process, consultations were carried out with a range of bodies including the Environment Agency Wales, Countryside Council for Wales and Cadw.
Gas bills too big? Which? Switch? the independent energy service you can trust
The results of the EIA are reported in the Environmental Statement which includes the following information:
- Background to the project / need for the project
- A description of any alternatives considered
- Results of environmental surveys (e.g. noise monitoring, protected species surveys)
- Results of the assessment of the impacts of the scheme on different environmental issues (e.g. noise, air, water quality, landscape, cultural heritage, ecology) and an assessment of the significance of the impacts
- Proposals for mitigation (e.g. landscaping) and monitoring Suitable mapping and illustrations (such as photomontages)
- A Non-technical Summary of the results of the EIA
Information was gathered on the immediate environment and the possible impact from construction, operation and eventually the decommissioning the plant.
The EIA will be used to inform the planning application before Anglesey County Council.
To keep up to date with developments regarding the above you can subscribe to our free Anglesey Today Newsletter. Just complete the form below.
The LNG Process at Amlwch
Frequently Asked Questions Canatxx LNG
Liquified Natural Gas, Amlwch
Diverse and Secure Gas Supplies
The above article and other supporting articles linking from this page, and relating to the application for a regasification plant at Amlwch, have been provided to Anglesey Today by Canatxx LNG Limited for the purposes of communicating to local people how the proposals may affect them.
Return to Canatxx LNG Limited from Environmental Impact Assessment
Return to Anglesey Today